Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Time is waiting, We only have 4 minutes to save the world

10 on Tuesday

1. Are there any movies that inspire you to bake/cook?
Not really. I took foods in 4-H growing up, so it feels like I’ve been cooking forever and a day.

2. What’s your favorite food blog and why?
I really don’t read any. I’ve looked at a couple communities on lj for some recipes, but nothing I read religiously.

3. Who’s your favorite celebrity chef?
Gordon Ramsey. He’s so f’ing hot. I got Mike Ramsey’s Book Healthy Appetite for New Years, can’t wait to make some of the recipes. Oh and the Voltaggio brothers and Kevin from Season 6 of Top Chef. Their food always looked and sounded amazing.

4. What’s your favorite kitchen tool?
I guess my crock pot. I just got it for Christmas and so haven’t used it very much yet, but it was the only thing I really wanted for Christmas. I’ve wanted one for a while now. Mortar and pestle is pretty cool too.

5. When it comes to cooking/baking, what’s your specialty?
Well my dad used to call my spaghetti world famous. Not sure why though, I made it pretty much the same way he did. Though my mom wouldn’t eat his cause he put basil and oregano in it, I did too but she loved mine. My absolute favorite thing to make in the kitchen are mixed drinks. Great bartender.

6. When in the kitchen, do you wear an apron, if so, any cute ones you’d like to share?
Nope.

7. Is there anything that intimidates you when it comes to baking/cooking? (ex. Pie crust, yeast breads, sauces, etc…)
No, not really.

8. What’s the weirdest gadget in your kitchen?
I don’t think we own any “weird” gadgets. We have a mini torch, that’s pretty cool.

9. What’s your go-to music for cooking/baking?
anything upbeat.

10. After several failures, what do you do to motivate yourself to get back in the kitchen to try again?
I’ve never really been discouraged from cooking.

 

Day 5 – Favorite Quote:

I have too many. My old journals I would use just for putting up quotes I found that I liked.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I want a mortar and pestle and a torch! I'm jealous that you have both.