Monday, August 16, 2010

The Little Things in Life

So, I will have more vacation pictures, once I get around to uploading my other card.

So until then, I wanted to write about the little things.

As I drove home from the gym, I felt amazing. I was tired at the end of day at work and as always contemplating not going to the gym, but I went anyway. That is one thing I can’t and never will regret doing; going to the gym. I always feel so great afterward. I was so proud of myself today. I have never been a runner, in fact I loathed running.

In elementary school, my gym teacher made us do the “long run” which was a mile. We called it the Long Walk, I walked pretty much all of it. I hated running so much, in fact, I used to wish I would get/have asthma so I wouldn’t have to run.

So it’s kind of hard to believe, I’m training for a 5k. I joined the gym a little over a month ago and started out with a personal trainer cause it was cheaper when you first start. I made a promise with my trainer that we would do the Thanksgiving 5k. I probably won’t run the entire time, but I will run as much as I can. Today, I was proud, I walked 6 minute warm up, ran 5 minutes, walked 3 minutes, ran 6 minutes, walked 3, ran 6 minutes and walked the remaining 2 and 5 minute cool down. So awesome!

Then as I was driving home, I saw a rainbow. It was gorgeous. I couldn’t see the whole thing, but I could see two sides of it. One was really faint but the other was very vibrant. I was just disappointed I couldn’t see it from my house.

This wasn’t much, but it all made me feel great.