Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fwd: Inspirational Thursday



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andi E <pyrobaby785@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 26, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Subject: Inspirational Thursday
To: pyrobaby785.fuegita@blogger.com


Before I get to the quotes, I would like some people to write some guest posts for me.
If you are interested, just email me a post and I will schedule it for sometime in June.
Email me fuegita.bonita85@gmail.com
They can be about anything you want.
 
Today's quotes are about Tornados for all of us that live in Tornado Alley. There were a couple that briefly touched down a couple miles
from my house yesterday. Spent a couple hours in the "safe area" at work while sirens were going off.
I plan on driving by where one of them touched down on my way home to see how bad it was.
 
Our hearts are with those in Joplin (about 3 hours South of here). Last I heard, about 130 people dead, 900 injured, and 230 still missing.
 
  • Nature is one mean mother.
    Anonymous
  •  
    • There are two big forces at work, external and internal. We have very little control over external forces such as
      tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, disasters, illness and pain. What really matters is the internal force. How do I respond to those disasters?
      Over that I have complete control.
    • Leo F Buscaglia
    "That's one of the most important things for mental healt.hIf you get the people around you who are normally
    supportive of you, that's the best you can do for yourself."
    Valerie Cole, Red Cross
     
    Through our experience with tornadoes, we  became a model of how a community should reach out to it's own.
     
    We have not had a 100-fatality tornado since the early and mid '70's. That is really significant.
    -Dan McCarthy
     

    No comments: