Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It’s Been Awhile

 

So, the last time I blogged here, was my 26th birthday, almost 2 years ago. I’ve missed it.

I have been doing a lot of projects off of Pinterest recently and wanted to share my creations.

So to start, one thing I made were some soap pouches.

soap pouch

The pink one has something in it, and the purple one is empty.

The first time I saw this pin, I knew I had to make it. I was sick of my shower puff falling apart every couple of months or so. Washcloths were always way too much cloth for my small hands. Body wash can be expensive.

All you need is:

  • A Washcloth
  • Needle
  • Thread
  • Scissors

So, I first cut the washcloth in half. I folded the bottom up about 3/4 of the way, so there was a flap to tuck into the pouch. I sewed up the sides, with the side of the washcloth I wanted on the outside, on the inside.I flipped the pouch inside out and put a bar of soap inside, tucked the flap around the soap.

I used this in the shower the other night, and it was nice. Except for the cloth getting stuck to the soap  every once in a while, it was pretty nice. Just make sure to take the soap out after use and ring out all the suds and water so it can dry and doesn’t start to smell like mildew until you are ready to wash.

No comments: