Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Redbox Instant

 

Through Bzz Agent I tried Redbox Instant Streaming.

redbox-launch-march

When I first was presented with the opportunity to try Redbox Instant I was excited. I have Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime already, but I wanted to see what my options were on redbox.

I was sorely disappointed after signing up. Most of the movies on redbox are also available on Netflix or were just not anything I was interested in watching.  There are no tv shows available to watch.

The streaming option is very hard to to navigate and start watching. I would be logged in already, and have to click on a link that took me to the subscription page and log in again. It was frustrating not to be able to just go to the movies section and pick the movie I want to watch.

The subscription comes with four free kiosk rentals, which is kind of nice. But when I want to watch a movie, I want to watch it right then, not have to drive around to find a movie. It is nice to be able to look online for a kiosk that has the movie I am looking for and reserve it. I have before driven around the city, stopping at several different kiosks trying to find a certain movie.

It was nice to try Redbox instant, and it is still in the beta phase. But unless a lot more movie and tv options are available to watch, I will stick with Netflix and Hulu Plus.

No comments: