Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fat Tuesday

In celebration of Mardi Gras last night I made King Cupcakes. I didn’t have a little baby to put in one of them though. I’d never had King cake before because, although it always looked soooo yummy in the store, I was able to talk myself out of it cause I don’t need the extra calories. I had seen a recipe for King Cake on a blog and was thinking about making it this weekend. Then yesterday, I saw on another blog a recipe for King (Cup)Cakes. So I had to make them. Mike said they tasted exactly like King Cake. So that’s good, I guess they were a success. I wasn’t too happy with them, I don’t know if it was something I did, so just how they were supposed to be, but they were really small and dense.  I really liked how the sugar topping turned out. Nice bright colors. I added too much milk to the frosting though, so it was really runny.

We also had Black Beans and Rice and Chicken with Cajun seasonings. It was all delicious! And while we ate, the garage door opener was fixed!! yay

No comments: