Sunday, April 4, 2010

First

What is with people that comment on fb status’, blogs, forums, whatever with “1st”? What is the point and excitement from being the first person to comment on something? So much that you don’t say anything relevant or really saying anything at all. Like the main place I see this is on Johnny Dare’s facebook page, whenever they update the status with what’s going to be on the show. Now I just imagine several getting up super early to sit in front of a computer on the Johnny Dare fb page, constantly refreshing trying to beat all the others up super early. And I have to ask, is it worth it? Is your day not complete unless you get to say 1st on Johnny’s page or any other? I haven’t seen it happen, but because of stats and probability, it most likely has, what if you say 1st, but someone has beaten you in publishing, that your comment is 2nd but says 1st? Do you have to delete your comment? Is that why I haven’t actually seen it for myself, they’ve already deleted their comment?

                Now the most important question in this all: How do I get so many readers that are so excited that I have posted again to want to be the first to get in on the action to want to comment “1st”? I’m lucky if I get A comment. Let alone multiple and someone excited to be first.