Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mmmm…meat

So as you know, I tried being a vegetarian for 30 days. I was going to go another 30 days, but after about another 4, I was done. It started with, we went to a Chinese restaurant, and his chicken looked really yummy, and that’s what I was missing the most, chicken. So I had a bite of it. That was a Friday night, then Sunday morning, we went to the movies then to a Mexican restaurant, and I had chicken flautas. It wasn’t much chicken. It was completely over by Wednesday (the 21st). We had an open house at work, and they grilled burgers and dogs. And boy did they smell good, so I had a cheeseburger, and let me tell you, it was even more amazing than it smelled. Friday, they cooked what was left over from Wednesday, so I had another cheeseburger, and still delicious. I didn’t do it for any, “save animal” reasons, so it’s ok. I love animals as much as the next person. They’re delicious!

                I had been thinking, healthy eating doesn’t necessarily mean getting rid of a food group completely. You can be a vegetarian and still eat complete crap, with all the pastries and cheeses. You can eat meat and still be healthy. We don’t really eat a ton of meat anyway. Well, not red meat. We eat mainly chicken and turkey. We use ground turkey instead of ground beef. Yes, we do need to eat more vegetables and less sweets. I think that’s a bigger goal of mine. In college, I got to the point where I had no cravings for sweets, and I really want to get back to that. I think my biggest problem is, I don’t really crave the sweets much now, but I eat them anyway.